Powered by Auriga Energy’s fuel cell system, the UK first fuel cell ferry, the Hydrogenesis, Bristol has been a great success in demonstrating the versatility our systems in passenger carrying operations in a variety of environmental conditions, delivering tangible marine pollution reduction.
Fuel cell generators offer a number of benefits to a wide range of companies and organisations
- A cleaner, quieter, cooler and more reliable power source than combustion engines.
- Reduced pollution through zero emissions.
The build and operation of the Hydrogenesis is by the Bristol Hydrogen Boats (BHB) team, where Auriga Energy provides the hydrogen and fuel cell power system. The team of experienced ferry and boat operators has over 30 years of experience in boat building and ferry operations, which it has combined with Auriga Energy’s experience in developing hydrogen fuel cell technology, has delivered the pioneering project. Air Products provided the hydrogen fuel and refuelling station.
The ferry is CE marked and licensed to carry passengers.
The company continues to develop its marine fuel cell systems for the emerging demand.
The AurigaGen system is designed to provide seamless continuity combining a UPS and backup power function for a range of applications.
Fuel cell generators offer a number of benefits to a wide range of companies and organisations:
- A cleaner, quieter, cooler and more reliable power source
- Lower whole life costs, achieved through lower maintenance, fewer repairs and no disposal.
- Operational run time is virtually unlimited.
- Easy to install and operate.
- Compact and easily transportable.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- High efficiency autonomous operations
- No toxic waste or diesel spillage problems.
- A wide operational temperature tolerance (-20°C – +50 °C).
See backup power generator brochure here
The AurigaGen 1500 portable generator provides an alternative to conventional battery power supplies and diesel/petrol generators.
- Output power:
- 1500W continuous
- 2000W for 5 mins max (resistive load)
- AC output frequency: 50Hz (48Hz – 53Hz) single phase, stepped quasi-sine wave
- Operating temperature range: -20°C to +50°C
- Operational altitude range: -400m to 7600m, optimum: 0m (sea level)
- Inlet humidity: 0%RH to 100%RH (non-condensing)
- Fuel: commercial grade 3.5 hydrogen (99.95% H2 concentration) or better
- AC voltage: 115VAC (±7VAC RMS, 13A continuous max) or 230V (±10%, 6.5A continuous max)
- Dimensions (baseline): 68.8cm x 50.5cm x 41.7cm (lxwxh)
- Weight (approx): 46kg
Download the brochure here
Auriga Energy’s hydrogen fuel cells can replace conventional batteries and internal combustion engines used in fork lift trucks operating in supermarkets, warehouses and distribution centres. Our systems offer a number of benefits which increase the operator’s productivity and reduce running costs.
Companies operating fork lift trucks are aware of the financial cost in the downtime of a fork lift truck while its batteries are being re-charged:
- Its operator is unable to work and they lose vital floor space.
- Increase fork lift truck operation time and productivity, through constant power output, fast refuelling and eliminating the need to maintain and change batteries.
- Fuel cells deliver optimal performance under a wide range conditions and take only a few minutes to refuel.
- Lower whole life costs, as a result of a long life coupled with excellent reliability and minimum downtime.
- Free up valuable warehouse floor space, through the removal of the need for a battery room and recharging space.
- Eliminate disposal costs, without the need to handle, store and dispose of lead acid batteries.
- Reduce carbon emissions; fuel cell exhaust is water vapour.
- Improve working conditions – hydrogen fuel cells emit no pollutants and are quiet to operate.